Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Please vote for this great idea! - Creature! Plushie Line by Crow and Chair Designs


YesPleaseMore is a platform that supports innovation and creativity in Colorado. They believe in big ideas. Better yet, they believe in helping to fund those ideas through our YesPleaseMore Starter Grants.

Please vote for this great idea submitted by Wendy York!
Crow and Chair Designs is a small Denver-based art and design company. Recently, I acquired a sewing machine and started a line of plushies based on children's drawings. After speaking to a very good friend of mine who is an art teacher at a local school, I decided to do a specific line targeted at giving back to art programs in schools around Denver and surrounding areas.

The Creature! Plushie line is based on the art students' drawings which remain one-of-a-kind. Currently, there is one line started and I would like to continue it beyond this single school as it has been fun having the kids see their artwork come to life and at the same time, help further the art program and create awareness.

All proceeds go to each school I work with and no matter the percentage of commission involved with vendors, galleries, etc. I only seek to recoup material costs so I can continue making them.

With the grant, I would be able to maintain a website, allowing a central place for educators to get information, communicate about getting involved and also maintain a gallery and online store; continue to locate and maintain spaces for the Creature! line to be available to the public to be sold; promote the Creature! line more effectively; and purchase a chair for my sewing table so I don't have to sit on my couch while I sew (yuck.)

Thank You,
Wendy York
Crow And Chair Designs
http://www.facebook.com/yorktot

Click here to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment