Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hooray... It's Time For A Picnic!

I am so excited for sunny summer days. I plan to be outdoors as much as possible. I'm looking forward to bike rides, hikes, swimming and picnics in the park!  This summer, don't forget to pack the perfect minty sweet fruit salad. I found this on Foodnetwork.com, tried it and loved it! It was such a big hit! I've tried many fruit salads in my time and this is one to remember. I think it's a combination of the honey, mint and lime zest that makes it stand out from the rest. So, I thought I'd share! Try it. It's easy and oh so tasty!

Salad:

  • 1/3 cantaloupe, cut into 3/4-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
  • 1 (16 ounce) container strawberries, quartered (about 3 cups)
  • 5 medium kiwis, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks (about 2 1/2 cups)

Dressing:


  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon lime zest
  • 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves

Directions:

Place all of the fruit into a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the honey, lime juice, zest, and mint. Right before serving, pour the dressing over the fruit and toss gently to combine.


No comments:

Post a Comment