Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wabi-Sabi - The beauty of imperfection!

Burnt Sienna Wabi Sabi Buttons by Glazed Over

Wabi-Sabi (Japanese concept) - A way of living that focuses on finding beauty within the imperfections of life and accepting peacefully the natural cycle of growth and decay.

I love this concept! This past summer I went on the hunt for some display items for my table for an art festival. I took a trip to local thrifts stores and found some amazing pieces. All with the character, style, color and charm I was looking for. You can really get lost in all the items and the stories they tell, like a chipped ceramic cookie jar or a splintered wooden goose or even a tattered story book. I will definitely be back just to browse... so many treasures to be discovered! Challenge yourself to get out and look around you... what do you see? Find your "wabi-sabi"!

No comments:

Post a Comment